The Law Offices of Erika E. Anderson was established in 2015 by Erika E. Anderson, Esq.
Ms. Anderson is a civil litigation attorney serving the state of New Mexico with 19 years of experience in the legal field. Erika has achieved outstanding results for clients both at trial and on appeal. Her willingness to take on challenging cases and win has earned her a reputation of success. She forges close bonds with her clients and achieves results for them as she is dedicated to seeking justice for individuals who need someone on their side.
Erika E. Anderson is a top-rated attorney.
Erika has received an AV Martindale-Hubbell rating, which is the highest rating for legal and ethical excellence, bestowed upon her by her peers in the legal field. She has also been named a Superlawyer for her outstanding work and results in the legal profession. She maintains a 5-star rating from her clients on Google, and has maintained a rating of 10 from Avvo, the highest rating possible, for several years.
Erika is dedicated to seeking justice for her clients and has the track record to prove it.
Ms. Anderson represents individuals in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, general tort liability, discrimination, harassment, employment, civil rights, estate planning and probate. She has excellent litigation skills and has served as lead counsel and co-counsel in numerous trials in State and Federal Court. She has also successfully briefed and argued appeals before the New Mexico Court of Appeals and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. In addition, Ms. Anderson has exceptional experience with estate planning and probate issues.
Erika E. Anderson is recognized within the community as a trusted resource and ally with a unique background and well-rounded education.
Prior to going to law school, Ms. Anderson was a Licensed Professional Clinical Mental Health Counselor (LPCC) and she worked as a counselor for adolescents and their families for four (4) years.
Immediately after graduating law school, Ms. Anderson clerked for eight (8) judges in the Fifth Judicial District for the State of New Mexico. She then clerked for the Honorable Gene Franchini and the Honorable Richard C. Bosson on the New Mexico Supreme Court from 2002-2004.
Erika worked as an adjunct professor at the University of New Mexico School of Law teaching evidence and trial practice skills in 2014.
Erika E. Anderson is well respected in the legal community and hes held several elected and executive positions throughout her career.
Ms. Anderson was the President of the State Bar of New Mexico in 2014. She is also the former Chair of the American Bar Association Tort, Trial & Insurance Practice Section Trial Techniques Committee and is a past President of the New Mexico Women’s Bar Association.
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2001
- Universidad de Guanajuato, summer program, 1999
- Master of Arts (MA), Counseling 1995
- University of Colorado, Bachelor of Arts (BA), Psychology 1992
- University of Pittsburgh, Semester at Sea program
- New Mexico State
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- President of the New Mexico State Bar, 2014
- State Bar of New Mexico Board of Bar Commissioner, 2007 – 2016
- New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, President 2010
- American Bar Association Tort, Insurance Trial and Practice Section (TIPS)
- Trial Techniques Committee, Chair 2013-2014
- New Mexico Chair for the American Bar Association Membership – 2009 – present
- First Judicial District Bar Association, President 2008
- State Bar of New Mexico Young Lawyers Division (YLD), President 2007
- American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2005 – 2007
- Member of the New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association
- Member of the Albuquerque Bar Association
- Member of BNI Remarkable Referrals Chapter 2019 – Current
- Superlawyer Award, 2019
- Elite Lawyer Award, 2018
- The American Lawyer, 2016
- The National Law Journal, 2016
- Hautepreneurs, 2014
- American Bar Foundation Fellow
- New Mexico Business Weekly Forty Under Forty, 2007
- The University of New Mexico Law School A.H. McLeod Award for Skill in Advocacy, 2001
- Recognized for leadership skills in the legal community
- Recognized as a Top Litigator
- Recognized for extraordinary performance in the legal profession
- Maintains a 5 star rating on Google and top ratings at several online client and peer review sources.